Got Milk? Then You Also Need Stainless!
The rapidly growing popularity of small, local makers of food and dairy products means that there are a growing number of customers who need to upgrade their farm equipment to meet strict codes enforced by the dairy industry. Also, more and more people want to know where their food is coming from. So, local producers and farm stores are experiencing a rebirth around the country.
Small local dairy farmers are making and selling their own yogurts, cheeses, butter and milk right on the farm, which means they must use stainless steel equipment. The average person may think that stainless steel is only necessary for equipment such as the milk holding tanks or stainless equipment in the food processing areas.
But, stainless steel is also one of the best materials for snap hooks, quick-release and panic snaps, and pulleys. If your local farmer’s pulleys and hooks resemble something you might find in the vintage antique shop, it’s time for a change.
Some facts about dairy cows
- Did you know that there are about 11 million cows in America and 94 percent of them are the familiar black and white Holsteins?
- When a Holstein is born, it weighs about 90 lbs. By the time it reaches adulthood, it weighs an average of 1,500 lbs. and stands almost five feet tall at the shoulders. That’s one hefty heifer!
- Cows need to be able to move their heads freely. They tend to panic if they are restricted from looking behind them. That is why fasteners, snaps and quick-release snap hooks are the safest kind of equipment to use – for both the cow and the farmer.
Some reasons to use stainless steel pulleys, snaps and hooks
- Stainless steel is chemically and biologically neutral and has no impact on the dairy products you consume.
- Stainless is easier to clean and disinfect because of its smooth surface.
- Because of its composition, stainless steel is extremely durable and resistant to corrosion.
Henssgen Hardware has been supplying customers with the highest quality rigging hardware since 1978. We stock more than 100 different styles of snap hooks, pulleys and quick links in all sizes and in a large variety of metals to serve the dairy industry as well as marine, sports and agricultural industries. Our full-service warehouse, located in upstate NY can ship your order and get it to you within just a few days. And, our online catalog makes purchasing quick and easy.
Contact Henssgen Hardware today at our toll-free number, 800-833-9598, to talk to one of our knowledgeable staff. Or visit us at www.henssgenhardware.com.